Memorial permits and regulations
Our cemeteries offer a range of memorials to allow families to remember a loved one.
You will need to get permission from us to put up or make changes to a memorial.
We can give you advice to make sure your memorial meets the cemetery regulations and provides a lasting remembrance of a loved one.
Apply to put up or make changes to a memorial (Memorial Permit)
To put up or make any changes (including adding an inscription or any renovation) to a memorial follow the steps below.
- Check the memorial or any changes you want to make follows the rules and regulations.
- Complete a memorial application form by clicking the link below and send it back to us.
- The registered licensee must sign the memorial application form.
- You must include the correct fee.
Please note that:
- Due to data protection, we are not able to provide details of grave or licence holders.
- All memorials must be fitted by a National Association of Memorial Masons (NAMM) approved Stone Masonry company.
- A permit will not be issued until the full fee is paid and all details provided are to the council's satisfaction
Memorial Permits are not needed for:
- temporary items such as a wooden cross or marker
- memorials which are directly provided by the council.